What is Elastomeric Paint?
Elastomeric paint is designed for the use on masonry and concrete construction to prevent water from penetrating into building interiors. The flexible film covers and hides hairline cracks, making uniform pinhole-free jobs easier and faster to achieve. This paint is used as an exterior coating it is flexible, and its high-build coating is designed to expand and contract, bridging hairline cracks in vertical masonry surfaces. Elastomeric paint is extremely durable against mildew and dirt and is a very resistant waterproofing finish that has superior elasticity and elongation properties to resist cracking.
Five Reasons why Elastomeric Paint is the Best
- This coating is so durable it can outperform even the best 100% exterior acrylic paint. Elastomeric paint forms a durable, tough film that provides a waterproof coating to almost any structure.
- Elastomeric paint can adhere to almost every surface. It can be applied to all masonry surfaces, particularly stucco and concrete block, but is also equally sustainable for wood and T-111 siding.
- Elastomeric paint can eliminate cracking. This paint provides a very thick coating that can eliminate cracking in masonry and many types of wood. Elastomeric coating has tremendous elongation characteristics, it will bridge and repair non-structural hairline cracks.
- Elastomeric paint doesn’t need multiple coats. With two coats of elastomeric paint over an excellent primer, the cracks will be filled and water will be unable to penetrate.
- Elastomeric paint is made to last. When applied properly a 100% acrylic paint can last 10 years, but an elastomeric coating can last much longer.
Elastomeric paint is the best option for commercial or industrial buildings that are accessible to harsh conditions, with its durability this coating will be sure to out last any of its competition. Interested in elastomeric paint, join the conversation and contact us. We are more than happy to help provide you with a economical and eco-friendly option for your next commercial building painting project.