Industrial epoxy floor coating products are often the best choice when it comes to floor maintenance and repair. Such coatings still top the list of the highest-performing and quality floor coating applications. Epoxy-based floor coatings are tough, enduring, and comes in interesting colors that can really enhance the look of industrial floors.
But no amount of quality paint can prevent coating application failure that can come from factors such as poor surface preparation, improper mixing, incorrect application, and untimely curing. When these issues surface, adhesion failure is imminent.
What are the reasons why industrial epoxy floor coating applications fail to achieve good floor adhesion?
1. Ultra-violet radiation from the sun can breakdown epoxy coatings, leading to brittleness and cracking.
2. High humidity can cause many coating products to change their properties during preparation, mixing, and preparation. It is not advised to apply floor coatings in high humidity.
3. Moisture, particularly in concrete floors, can result to damp surfaces that can cause adhesion failure. The presence of flowing moisture during application can also result to blisters that erode the adhesive bond between coating and the surface.
4. Stuck dust or dirt can affect coating adhesion. Time and effort should be spent on removing these foreign contaminants from the floor surface.
5. Grease and oil can cause hollows and voids within the coating.
A good surface preparation can remove many of these problems and give industrial epoxy floor coating applications a high chance of success. With success comes the benefits of clean-looking charming floors that are durable, stylish, and yet practical.