To adapt to the new trends in the industry, painting contractors are changing their methodologies, techniques and mind sets:
1. Painting contractors increase their familiarity of paints and finishes, particularly the newest released products in the market.
2. Painting contractors deepen their skills to support nearly all requirements of building construction, repair and maintenance. They cross-train personnel on tasks like interior and exteriors renovations, carpentry, wood-working, and wallpaper-work, among others. A wide expertise in just about every aspect of the job allows them to deliver complete quality service to clients.
3. Painting contractors comply with industry standards and certify themselves in industry regulating bodies to increase their competency.
4. Painting contractors establish relationships with their trade partners to deliver more benefits to clients.
Extensive research is being conducted to advance the state of the painting technology. The aim is keep in step with environmental goals of energy efficiency and lesser environmental toxicity.
The paint of the future will roll out from these research labs and into painting contractors’ hands thanks to a variety of research initiatives done today. These areas are not limited to:
1. Improved paint application efficiency
2. Better paint curing and drying
3. Paint disposal and recyclability
4. Smart self-cleaning paints
5. Better paint monitoring and control